- Trending Topics – On The Media – WNYC 051316
Bob Garfield : Bob says: "Who cares?!" By asking him about policy flip-flops and speculating about his VP pick, the press is normalizing an abnormal candidate. Instead, they must stay on the real story: his dangerous statements about women, Muslims, and immigrants.
- Nationalize Facebook – On The Media – WNYC 051316
From its reach into the lives of over a billion people to the way it blurs the line between breaking news and personal posts, to the scope of its plans to provide global internet access — Facebook’s power is unlike anything we’ve seen before. That is, unless you count Standard Oil and the other great monopolies of the Gilded Age. | Bob talks to progressive author and professor Robert McChesney about the dangers of media consolidation and why economists on both sides of the spectrum have argued in favor of drastic measures when it comes to dealing with companies of Facebook’s size.
Normalize This, Donald!
- Trump’s Refugee Bonfire - WSJ 012917
- Politico Playbook 013017
- Why Evangelicals Are Speaking Out Against Betsy DeVos - POLITICO Magazine 013017
- Eliot A. Cohen Responds to Donald Trump's First Week - The Atlantic 012917
- The Judicial Branch Grabs Back | Slate 012917
- Photos From the Protest at JFK Airport | Slate 012917
- President Trump’s First Defeat - POLITICO Magazine 012927
- The Commander Stumbles Slate 012817
- Not the New Normal: How the Media Should Cover the Trump Presidency